The personal care and other services are delivered by dedicated teams of Carers who receive a vigorous induction procedure as dictated by the Skills for Care Induction Standards which includes:
- Abuse Awareness
- First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- Health & Safety
- Infection Control
- Moving & Handling
- Personal Care
- Pressure Sores & Ulcers
All Carers are working towards or have achieved NVQ level II. The staffing levels which are set by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) ensure that Service Users are cared for safely and have access to a member of the Management Team 24 hours a day in case of an emergency.
Elmar Home Care Ltd has a robust Quality Assurance System which is used to ensure the ongoing quality of the services we provide. We oversee all aspects of quality assurance which include:
- Regular supervision of all staff including awareness training relating to Policies and Procedures currently in place.
- Regular checking of Time/Comment sheets and the Service User Guide to ensure accurate and satisfactory timekeeping.
- Regular visits and six monthly questionnaires to Service Users (the information provided by the Service User is then used to improve specific areas of the service in the future).
- Regular “spot checks” on all Carers.
Code of Practice
- To ensure a caring, compassionate understanding of the Service User’s choices and rights.
- To involve the Service User, their family and/or representatives in all aspects of care planning and delivery.
- To always be respectful towards the Service User, their family and friends.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To provide care by staff who have been fully trained in Health & Safety and Moving & Handling.
- To be aware of and sensitive to the needs of the Service User Groups and fellow employees under the Human Rights Act 1998.
Elmar Home Care Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer committed to ensuring that the talents and resources of all our employees are utilised to the full. As such, Elmar Home Care Ltd is committed to adopting, implementing and monitoring a Policy of Equal Opportunities for all employees to ensure a total absence of discrimination in the workplace, and that equal opportunities do genuinely exist. Implementation and management of this Policy is the responsibility of the entire Management Team.
It is the objective of this that there shall be no discrimination towards employees for any reason of race, ethnic origin, creed, colour, religion, disability or impairments, marital status, parenthood, sexual gender or sexual orientation. In this respect, employees with physical disabilities will only be prohibited from positions where the duties involve activities which would make it impossible or inherently impossible to perform their duties.
If you share our passion for care, please get in touch with us to find out whether we have any vacancies.